From FoxNews.com: "Democratic National Committee Communications Director Brad Woodhouse said in a statement that 'While protecting tax breaks for the wealthy and big oil while proposing to end Medicare, slash Social Security and pile additional burdens on the middle class might win plaudits with the Tea Party, it's not remotely what the American people are looking for.'"
Wow, 5 whoppers in one sentence, and nary a challenge to any of these points from the lamestream media. Here is a breakdown of this single Liberal talking point:
- (a) Tax breaks for the wealthy is a redistributionist buzzword...the Bush-era tax RATES were applied across-the-board.
- (b) Evil big oil gets a "depletion allowance" for active wells to accommodate the additional expense of pressurizing older wells that have lost natural pressurization.
- (c) Ending Medicare is another popular lie, because it's death is SPELLED OUT in detail within the 2,704 pages of ObamaCare.
- (d) Slash Social Security - Ummm, yeah, like where *IS* that lockbox we were promised?
- (e) Pile additional burdens on the middle class - Lack of specificity means inability to challenge. What "additional burdens"? Higher taxes? Got that. Higher unemployment? Got that. More government? We've already got that.