Monday, February 16, 2009

What Exactly Is "Historic"?

OK, Mainstream Media (and my normally reliable FOX News Channel), I've got a little hint for you. The coverage of America's 44th President has gone over the top, and I am quickly approaching the stage where reruns of HOUSE, BURN NOTICE, even SANFORD AND SON are more appealing.
Yes, this election cycle has been a wild one for sure. I will even allow that yes, Barack Obama's election as President was quite historic. BUT THE HISTORY ENDS THERE!

Every other elected President has been inaugurated, so the only historic feature of President Obama's inauguration was the $150 million price tag...boy I remember how you guys complained and pilloried President Bush for his $43 million gala.
Signing of a first executive order is NOT history...every other President has done it. Of course, not every first executive order has had the dubious distinction of releasing non-uniformed combatants captured on a battlefield killing Americans back into their own countries.
So when are we going to hear about his Historic first crap in the White House? Or see the exclusive coverage of the Historic first leftovers? I scream, "ENOUGH ALREADY!"

President Obama is a man, and puts his pants on one leg at a time just like the rest of us. And just like the rest of us, he is going to make good choices and he is going to make bad choices. Just don't let the fawning gleam in your eyes overstate the good choices and mask the bad ones.

1 comment:

  1. I so agree with you!! I'm sick of it too!

    ReplyDelete