Sunday, February 19, 2012

To Sheriff Paul Babeu...

Sheriff Babeu,

It is with a heavy heart and a hole in my soul as I write this. I am definitely no bastion of morality, but You, sir, are in a position that REQUIRES....no, a position that DEMANDS it.

I like to think that I choose wisely in those who I admire...you are the third one that has let me down. The first was astronaut and Senator John Glenn, and the second was former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich. That's some pretty heady company you keep, Sheriff, at least in my mind.

How does one recognize the so-called heroism of a firefighter who rescues people from a fire that he started? How does one cheer the accomplishmenhts of a beautiful, accomplished singer and actress like Whitney Houston who donated many of her millions to charity, but spent the majority of it on drugs? You can't deny the good that one does, but you also can't ignore the harm that one causes!

Sheriff, you have LIED...to your constituents, your compadres, and the citizens of America...those like me, who stood with you because of who you told us you were...not who you turned out to be.

1 comment:

  1. I am Sorry Russ, I just don't think that his sexual preference should come into the play here. He has served Arizona well, and yet nobody asked him about his sexual preference because if they had, it would have been discrimination. So why look at his sexual preference now, only because it was brought up by the media?? He is the same person he was yesterday, and the day before, and so on. Never once was he asked about it, so why judge a man on his sexual preferences? It should NOT even be our business yet somehow the Media has taken it and ran with it. I cannot see how Sheriff Babeu lied to anyone who hasn't brought it up before. I back Sheriff Babeu, not for his sexual preferences, but because of what he stands for here in Arizona. He lays his life on the line everyday for those in Pinal County. What makes him different then any other Sheriff???
    Just because he opened up about being Gay does not make him a liar. It makes him HUMAN! ! !

    ReplyDelete